Monday, September 25, 2006

It's a match!

We received word today that our DNA testing was completed and it's a match! With this step completed, we are now in the process of setting up a visit trip. I can't believe that in just a few weeks I will meet my son !!

On a bittersweet note, I realize that this means his birthmother has signed off again on his relinquishment. She had to be present for the DNA testing. Often this is the first time the birthmother has seen her child since the birth or maybe a few days after. Once again, I can't imagine how she must have felt or how she is still feeling. I continue to wish her nothing but peace in her decision. I have no idea what circumstance brought her to this decision. I won't second guess her. I only wish her peace and comfort and hope that, at some point, she can know how loved her son truly is and will be.

So tonight, I'm once again elated and saddened at the same time. After more than a decade of waiting, just a few more weeks and I will hold this precious little man!

5 comments:

DD said...

This is indeed bittersweet news. I'm so happy that you can finally see the end, and just as importantly a new beginning.

Amy said...

I totally understand your feelings. But, sometimes we don't always understand they hows and whys and I'm very happy that your little guy has his mommy coming to visit very soon!

Also, thanks so much for your comment, it really means a lot to have the advice and support of others!

Amy

art-sweet said...

Congratulations on getting past this milestone. I hope that your son's firstmother feels as at peace as possible with her decision.

Maui said...

Love the first situation. I think I know the blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the DNA match. I know just what you mean about being concerned about the child's birth mother.